Friday, August 8, 2008

Up Until the Break of Dawn for Breaking Dawn

I don't consider myself a "Twilight" fanatic. I will say that I do love to read, but most importantly I love to have fun. So a big book party sounded like a great excuse for a girl's night out. Now looking back through the pictures, I guess a fanatic might be applicable. Luckily I got to experience this exciting event with my darling niece, Kinsey. Really, I could say I went to all of this effort on her behalf. (Who's your favorite aunt now Kinsey?) Also, it really is fun to pretend your 14 again.



It all started on July 31. Kinsey and I headed over to Barnes & Noble at 6:30 in the morning just to wait in line for our wristbands, which would determine where we were in line the actual night of the book release. We had a great time visiting and reading. It really is fun to be apart of something that everyone is so excited about!

The next night all of my twilight loving friends and family gathered. We had a fun dinner at Cafe Rio then headed over to B&N for the real fun. We got vampire bites painted on. We played the scavenger hunt. Some people talked to Stephenie Meyer's sister. Some of us (Crystal) even got to touch Stefanie Meyer's sister's drink. It was just fun being around so many excited (and some crazy) people.

You might see this picture in our next ward newsletter. This can count for a church activity, right? Top Row: Me, Keri , Emily , Crystal . Laura , Stacy , Bottom Row: Wendy and Natalie


This was our whole group. We had a blast!



At about 11:30 everyone had to go outside and start waiting in line. The actually line went from the doors of B&N all the way to Michael's. (At least a quarter of a mile. It was crazy)Kinsey and I were the only ones who got to go in and purchase books so we had to elbow our way through the crowds in the end. It was fun hear her squeals of excitement. OK, maybe I squealed a few time too. We finally got our books, plus 9 others. The sacrifices we make for our loved ones.


By the end of the night Kinsey really had turned into a Vampire. I think that fourteen year olds are much more vulnerable! We ended our night with warm home made scones and those who could, stayed awake to read. I finished the book late Saturday night and LOVED it!! It was a very memorable experience for sure!!



Twilight Highlights:



2 comments:

benandnatty said...

I loved all of those pictures!! I sure had a good time that night. I loved hanging out with everyone! I also loved your 5 things I love blog. Your pictures were so cute. I guess that they were taken with that neat camera, it takes amazing pics!--Nat

Jodi said...

Actually Nat, those were just taken with my little digital camera. Isn't Picasa amazing! Hope you had fun in bear lake.
Jodi