Friday, August 22, 2008

Brenda's Pool Party

This is one of my favorite family traditions. Every year Jon's sister Brenda has a pool party at her house. She is such an amazing host. She thinks of everything for everyone at every age. I am always amazed how she is running around getting the food or getting the toys or this or that, yet she seems to find time to visit and always gets a dip in the pool. I especially love seeing Brenda in "grandma" mode. She truly is amazing! She adores her grandkids and I love to hear about all of the funny things they are doing. (Especially from her perspective.) I think this is my favorite part about this annual event- I get to see Brenda in action! Not to mention the fact that everyone is always having fun. Also, we never get tired of chatting.


The funny thing about these annual parties is that they always bring the rain. (At least the past few years.) There will not be a cloud in the sky and somehow or at sometime during the party everyone will have to get out of the pool and squish under the umbrellas until the rain stops. I will never forget how Larry came out of the house carrying an umbrella with his swimsuit on to see why he wasn't getting cable. It was hilarious!! I have to say the rain just adds one more element to the pool day at Brenda's.

0 comments: