Saturday, August 9, 2008

Things I Love!!

1. MY FAMILY

The most important thing to me in the entire world is my family. I absolutely love who they are! Jon is the most amazing husband. He has always loved me for who I am. He is kind, thoughtful, patient, hardworking, loyal and fun! He somehow manages to stay sane in a houseful of girls but seems to love every minute of it. I couldn't ask for a better husband or father.
Madi is so kind and sweet. I have seen her draw people in ever since she was born. She is able to find a friend in everyone. I love her carefree happiness. She loves to learn and work and read. Lucky me, since I love to teach.
Tyli is the most happy easy going person, until you do something she doesn't like. :) She loves to read, especially books with animals. She loves animals. She gets very excited over a huge dog or a small potato bug. They all thrill her. She adores her sister and wants everything she has. (Of course!) She entertains the whole family with her amazing dancing abilities. She is our Smiley Tyli.
Not only do I love my family for who they are, but I love the precious time that I get to spend with them. I treasure the quiet moments of reading, coloring and talking. The exciting moments of swimming, biking, and vacations. The eventful moments of parties, recitals, and friends. Even the enduring moments like tantrums, tears, and owies. I wouldn't trade one of them for anything!


2. THE TEMPLE
I love the temple. There is no place I feel closer to my family and to my Heavenly Father. In a world of busy chaos I can visit the temple and feel peace and joy. In the temple I can find myself. I remember what is important and what I am working for in this life. The temple really is a heaven on earth.

3. FRIENDS

I feel so blessed to be surrounded by so many people I love. I get to live with my very best friends. I also am lucky to be able to count my extended family as some of my best friends as well. My personal family is amazing. I also love Jon's family. They are all the greatest! I also love my lifetime friends. These friends are the truest because they have loved me through all my stages. (Yikes! Let's just skip past ages 15-18 please.) I love my college friends, my young women friends, my activity day friends, my scout friends, my ward friends, my school friends, and my kindred spirit friends. Last, but not least my inherited third family. I love you all. You make me a better person.

4. HOME

Jon and I have lived in our new house for about 8 months. We love it. Sometimes I think that I must still be dreaming. I love having a house that people can visit. I love having storage space, and closets, and a garage. I love my neighbors and ward. I enjoy be so close to the mountains. It is all really amazing when I think how much I have.

5. LIFE

I tried to think of a word that would sum up the rest of the things I love. Does "Lovin' Life" sum up that I love to exercise (go to the gym, ride my bike, run, walk), that I love to travel (anywhere, anytime), that I love to play (with my kids, with my friends, with my family) that I love to teach, that I love parties. I love life. It is the greatest.

Well, I just completed my first tag! What a good chance to think about what is important. Now I guess I tag Amy and do I dare, Wendy. Good luck!

1 comments:

Mike and Emily said...

I LOVE your list. All good things to be happy about. I am still trying to figure out how to narrow down my list. Em