Monday, August 25, 2008

Down Time with the Lopez Clan

Not every moment of Amy's trip was full of exciting events. In fact, some of my favorite moments were the moments in between. I loved when Amy arrived and Carver and Madi were too shy to talk. I thought it was so cute how Tyli and Cooper were together. Sometimes they were so sweet and totally loved each other. The next minute Cooper would be hitting Tyli and she would be screaming at the top of her lungs if he even took a step in her direction. (Literally!


I love the moment when all of Amy's family and mine were snuggled up to watch a movie in my family room. I remember being so grateful for such a wonderful family and feeling so blessed that they got to be visiting us. Then Jon treated us to his yummy CP. I didn't realize before how much Jon and I speak in code.(like CP, which means "caramel popcorn") when talking in front of the girls. Kenna thought we were so weird.


I loved the late nights of talking with Amy. We never seem to run out of things to say. I especially loved taking Amy on some "hill" bike rides. Even though they don't have hills if Florida, she whooped me. I will also never forget how we snuck into Wendy's house and stole the bike pump. (We confessed later.) We really felt like sneaky thieves. It was so funny! Or when I gave her the baby monitor and told her she had to hurry and plug it in our it would wake up Tyli. I guess I said it with a hint of panic because she gave me a look of terror and took off running. Even now it makes me laugh.


I loved how cute Parker and Carver were with Madi. They really included her. Parker even told me that Madi and Carver were his "best cousins." This was the first summer she was a part of the "big kid" group. Sad for me, fun for her.


Madi's sleepovers with Carver were so much fun for her. They can be so cute together. They had fun playing at the park, painting, making glow balls, reading books together, playing video games, and playing imaginary games in the backyard. (Madi's weapon was shooting pink out of her eye.) Even though they are a couple years a part in age, they just have a special friendship. Lucky cousins!


It really was a special bonding time and we treasure all of these special memories. We love all of our Fulks Family and treasure all of these moments together.

1 comments:

Amy said...

Okay, make me cry why don't you. I feel exactly the same way. We had such a wonderful visit with you and staying at your house was just PERFECT. I hope you will let us stay again. All the small moments make such great memories. It will be funny when I get caught up with my blog and pretty much say the same things that you have. For those three weeks...we had pretty much identical lives. Too bad it is not more often.