Friday, January 9, 2009

Christmas Card

I have this amazing talented, cute, fun, friend, Stacy, who gave me one of her Christmas cards this year. With it she included a rhyming letter telling about her family events from the year. I LOVED it! It was so cute! I found myself rhyming for the next several days. I even sent her a rhyming email telling her how incredibly brilliant she is. I got so into it I decided to try my own rhyming letter. Although I could never match her expertise :) I decided to give it a try. I have to say I was quite impressed with myself. Of course, Jon did assist and give input. I decided to post it here because I just couldn't send it to everyone. So Merry Christmas...again!

It’s that special time of year that comes around with the snow,
The presents, the tree, and the mistletoe.
We wanted to share with you some happy tidings,
And tell you about our year with silly poem writings.

Twelve months it has been since we moved to our home.
We love it so much, lots of rooms that we roam.
The best of friends we have made, our new ward we adore.
We feel so darn happy, we couldn’t ask for more.

A ten year anniversary, Jon and I had.
We visited Cancun, yes coming home was sad.
We relaxed, read, and slept, no kids waking us at all.
It was the perfect vacation, we just had a ball.

We had a great summer, we swam until pruney.
We played so much you might think that we’re looney.
We ran races, joined parties, had picnics, went camping;
Watched movies, took walks, through the mountains went tramping.

We have four year old Madi, who’s the party queen.
I’m scared of what she’ll be like as a teen.
Friends, friends, friends; she can’t get enough!
She plays day and night, yah her life’s really rough.

To preschool she goes to learn something new.
She takes other classes like dance and music too.
She is happy, funny, kind, and so sweet.
We love her a lot and think she’s quite neat.

Tyli is two and TERRIBLE-y fun!
She likes to sing, dance, yell no, and can really run.
She is learning to talk, more words she can say,
Like “Bussh” (bus), “noing” (snowing), “peas” (please), and “pay” (play).

She’s two going on twelve, with attitude to boot.
But she keeps us all laughing; we think she’s a hoot.
She likes new adventures as long as mommy’s close by.
Her best friend is my leg, or my hip, or my thigh.

Jon’s the best dad, his girls are adored.
He plays with them, reads to them, they never are bored.
For his forts he is famous, he kisses owies away.
He sings such sweet lullabies, even bed bugs don’t stay.

When Jon’s not with his family, you’ll find him at work.
He thinks in code now, he’s a little berserk!
He enjoys golfing, biking, and a new hobby, running.
He’s handsome and funny and really quite cunning.

And as for me, I have so much going on.
It seems like I never even get to see Jon.
But I love every minute; my life is so full.
With so much to do, not a minute is dull.

With the girls I have fun, we have outings galore.
Preschool, scouts, tutoring, I couldn’t add anymore.
Then there’s facebook and blogging, how did I live without?
Who needs a clean house anyways, what’s that all about?

This year wasn’t all laughs, for we lost a dear friend.
When thinking of him, the tears never end.
Someone truly amazing called to above.
Our lives forever touched by his example and love.

This helps us reflect during this holiday season,
And appreciate the Savior, our celebration reason.
The gospel brings peace and joy for sure,
And helps us through hard times and trials endure.

That being said, we send you good wishes,
And all of our love, and lots of our kisses.
A Happy New Year, and Seasons Greetings too.
Feliz Navidad and a Merry Christmas to you!


1 comments:

Amy said...

just so you know...I loved that poem. The cutest thing ever. Your creativity astounds me.