Sunday, December 28, 2008

Buppy Sitting

I love my brownies. I would do ANYTHING for them. Even babysit a puppy for two weeks for them. Ok, we actually loved the puppy so I don't know if you could really call it a sacrifice. This is how it came to be...
This time of year has been especially hard for them. My heart breaks every time I think about the absolute injustice of the whole situation. Cindy knew that Christmas day was going to be especially challenging, considering it was the exact four month anniversary of their dad's death. They have been through so much these past months and she wanted to do something special. Something BIG. Say, like, get them a puppy. They all wanted one so much that she wanted to do it, but knew it had to be a surprise. She had a particular dog in mind, a Shorkie, which is a Shitzu and a Yorkie mix. I wanted to help her so I hunted online and called almost every pet store in the state. Our selection was very limited, but we finally found one at a pet store 45 minutes away. She stole away to see if this was the puppy they wanted.
We both fell in love with it! She was/is soooo cute! We had to have her, only Christmas was two weeks away. The pet store was going to charge a ridiculous amount of money if they kept her, so I volunteered for the puppy sitting job.
Madi and Tyli were in heaven!! They loved her! They played and played and played with her. Every morning Ty would wake up and ask for the "Buppy". She didn't even mind being the puppy's chew toy. She would tell the puppy "NO!" then keep on doing exactly what she was doing. I really am lucky that they both survived each other.
Madi thought the puppy was her baby. I even found her pushing the puppy around in her doll stroller. She loved showing her off. She even took her for show and tell. I agreed to this only because she may never in her life time have another chance to take a puppy for show and tell.
Yes, the dog was a big hit. Tyli is crying less and less about the missing puppy, but she still asks for her every day. Luckily, Bella (her new name) has come to visit which has helped.
Madi was able to keep the puppy a secret even though we spent an entire day with the Browns before Christmas. I did threaten her with her life and many other things if she spilled the beans. Whatever I had to do. :)
Christmas day came... We planned an adorable way to surprise them and it worked! We left Bella hanging in a stocking on the porch, rang the doorbell and ran. The kids found her there. We could here them all screaming from our car. We gave them a few minutes then joined them for the fun. They were going crazy! All six kids were there, mom, grandparents and us. We were all so excited! They were so happy. I would have done anything to give them that moment! It was worth all of the biting and accidents for sure! Merry Christmas my Brownies! I love you!

5 comments:

Meagan and Quinn Cottle said...

We love her! Thanks Jod you are awesome!

benandnatty said...

That little Bella was so cute, I already miss her. Are you sure you don't want one of your own so we can enjoy her as well? ;)

Unknown said...

Yes, we're sure!

Sarah Hansen said...

aw your fam is soooo cute! thanks for watching that little terd for us! :)

Amy said...

What an amazing thing to do for this family. You are the best and such a wonderful loving and caring friend. Such an example to me. Cute little puppy for sure.

We missed you at Christmas. Hope you had a good one. Love you.