Thursday, December 11, 2008

Two Year Old Tyli (Sniff! Sniff!)

Tyli looks two, she acts two, mathematically her life span equals two years, but I still can’t believe it! It has all passed so quickly blurring together with a few shining memories standing out above the rest.

Of course I recall with perfect clarity the night she was born. Her due date was December 24th, but with her sister being three weeks early I was certain Tyli would be as well. So her birthday would be December 3. I waited impatiently for the day to arrive. It did…and then it left again with no baby. And so did the 4, 5, 6, 7 8, 9 and then the 10th came. I thought the 10th would be the perfect date. I can’t explain why, it was just a good number. Unfortunately Ty missed it by a measly hour. So the 11th it was.

The moment of her birth was sick and terrifying. She came out with a really low heart rate. She was all floppy with no muscle tone and not a sound to be made. It’s a scary thing when the doctor and nurses start giving those serious looks to each other. I just kept asking if she was ok and nobody would really say anything. For the first time I really understand how one minute can feel like an hour. I’m pretty sure it wasn’t longer than a few minutes but it really did feel like an eternity. Finally, FINALLY, a little squawk was heard, then more and more. The relief was overwhelming! After a while all of her levels got to a good point I finally got to see her. She was beautiful! I instantly fell in love! She had to be monitored closely for the next twenty-four hours, but she never had to go to the intensive care which I was grateful for. She grew stronger and stronger. And today, on her second birthday, she is an adorable, healthy, smart baby…OK I guess I will have to start calling her a little girl. (Only in public though!! At home, baby it is. )

Ty definitely has me (who am I kidding? the entire family!) wrapped around her little finger. We cater to her every need and whim. From the way we get her breakfast bowl in the morning, to hunting high and low for a binky, to giving in to every cry. Yep. She’s a little spoiled. I wouldn’t have it any other way! I guess I could do without her yelling no at me every time I ask her a question, or I’d love it if she potty trained in a day, or if she could communicate exactly what she wanted to avoid meltdowns. Other than that she is PERFECT! I swear!

These are the things we love most about Tyli:
Mom- She has the cutest laugh. She is so ticklish I can hear it whenever I want. I love how she makes up her own sign language to tell me what she wants. She wakes up with a smile every single day. On days I have to wake her up, she’ll even smile at me with her eyes closed.. She is the boogie queen and loves to dance! She makes everyone in our family happy.
Dad- She says “poopoo” and points to her bum every time she does any business at all in her diaper, including fluffs.
Sissy- She plays with her.

Things Tyli loves:
Movie- “AHHH” (aka, The Letter Factory)
Book- “Arggg”-Zoo book
Food- grapes, yogurt, and everything else that is unhealthy
Unique things about Tyli:
She loves salad, she scoots down the stairs on her bum, she has incredible fine motor skills (like putting beads on a string by herself), she loves to color and color and color, she loves to point our every bus when we are driving (“busthhhh!”), she takes a while to warm up to new people and new situations, she slept through every important event the first year of her life, she is a best friend to two thirty-two year olds and a four year old.

Happy Birthday Ty Ty! We love you!!







4 comments:

benandnatty said...

I love that post...I love that girl! Happy Birthday Ty Ty!

Jami said...

My favorite one year old memories of Tyli are; her reading to us around the campfire in Timpanogas. So enthusiastic!! And if you would comment on how fast she was running, she would amp up the wiggle in her hips and shoulders. So sweet!! I can't wait to get to know her at two years old. Happy birthday Tyli!!

Amy said...

I am so sad that I missed Tyli's birthday. Loser Aunt for sure. How could it have been two years? Sorry I have not been in the blogging world for a few weeks...or more. I have just been wrapped up in other stuff. Hopefully I am resurfacing. We love that Tyli baby!

this is me said...

Happy Birthday Ty, we are sorry we missed it. Two years ago Jodi.... are you ready to be pregnant again? Let me know and I'll coordinate it with you. :)

We miss you..
Heidi