Saturday, January 31, 2009

19 Things I Adore About Jon


1. Where did you meet your husband?
We met in first grade.
2. How long did you date before you got married?
About four years. It took a major accident for me to realize I really liked him. :)
3. How long have you been married?
10 1/2 years
4. What does he do that surprises you?
When he plans a special date.
5. What is your favorite feature of his?
I love the laugh wrinkles around his eyes, especially when he is laughing.
6. What is his best quality?
He is always so thoughtful and I know he would do ANYTHING for me. Even puppy sit other people's dogs, make treats for my young women, build things for the scouts, draw pictures for my classes, even tie bows on invitations. He's amazing!
7. What is his nickname for you?
Hun.
8. What is his favorite food?
Pizza, pizza, and more pizza.
9. What is his favorite sport?
Golf, basketball, snowboarding and mountain biking.
10. When and Where was your 1st kiss?
I think on a camping trip????
11. What is your favorite thing to do as a couple?
Anything and everything! Everything is more fun with Jon. We especially love doing anything outside, vacations, fun outing with the kids, staying up late to watch some of our favorite shows.
12. Do you have any children?
Two sweet girls.
13. Does he have any hidden talents?
He hides his super funny, sarcastic sense of humor if he doesn't know you very well. He is Mr. Fix-it from houses to cars. He can dance like John Travolta. (He claims he can't, but I've seen it!) He can juggle.
14. How old his he?
32
15. Who said I love you first?
Ummm....me?
16. What is his favorite music?
He likes the Beastie Boys, Jack Johnson, Ben Folds Five and some weird music like Japanese Rap.
17. What do you admire most about him?
His patience with our children, how hard he works to support our family, how nice he can be to me even if I'm not being nice to him, his willingness to check in his man card (as he calls it) so often to play dress up and tea parties with the girls, and best of all that he is able to live through the emotional ups and downs in a house full of girls. ;)
18. What is his favorite color?
Blue maybe?
19. Will he read this?
I'll make sure that he does.

4 comments:

Brent and Laura said...

John is awesome. I think we are starting to get to the know that funny side of him! We love hanging out with you both!

Brent and Laura said...

Sorry, I spelled his name wrong...so many Jon, John's is this neighborhood, I can't keep track!!!!

Amy said...

awwwhhh! Loved it. I do think that brother of mine is pretty great if I do say so myself. He was such a shy, but great kid, and some of his talents were hidden (from me) until he found you. He makes me laugh so much and I love to see the kind of father he is to your girls. Gets me a little weepy. I used to snuggle that boy on my lap you know. So anyway, I think you got such a good catch...and he did too. WE LOVE YOU GUYS!

benandnatty said...

We love Jon! He is so cool, and your little tribute was awesome. I love how cute he is with your girls, he is such a great dad!