Sunday, January 25, 2009

New Hope With a New President

I was really looking forward to watching the Inauguration Tuesday. It was incredible! Sometimes you have those moments where you are so happy to be alive, to be a part of history is quite amazing. I think that regardless of ones political views, a person can only be excited for this new president. The possibility of change at a time when our country and world seems to be falling apart instills me with hope. I thought his speech was beautiful and moving. It really did bring tears to my eyes, to which Madi replied, "It's OK mom. I know that sometimes you cry when you're happy." I know only time will tell if and how this new president will overcome the challenges and obstacles that our country is faced with at this time, but I am hopeful that he will be able to unify our country and help those in need.
I also loved that prayers were included and many references to God. It seems like we live in such a politically correct time, that you can barely talk about God (unless you're cursing, then feel free to say it as much as you'd like). How refreshing to have someone proudly proclaim their beliefs to all. I love that he ended his speech with "God bless America!" I truly pray he will.

0 comments: