Sunday, January 11, 2009

Craft Time

I don't know what it is about Christmas time, but it brings out the crafty person in me. This year I went a little overboard. I think because I've missed out the past two years. (Ty's birth one year and moving the next.) Our house was project central for many days. Here's what I accomplished.

  • 50 fleece hats- I made them for my preschool students and all of Madi's friends and cousins.
  • Snowman cans and kits- This are the cutest cans. I got the idea from the Festival of Trees. We filled them with a "Snowman Kit" that included marshmallows, pretzels, and a candy hat and buttons. Madi gave them to her friends.

  • Holiday purse/bags- We sewed some of these for the ornament swap and also for a few of Madi's friends.
  • Home made suckers for all of our neighbors and friends-This was fun as loved making suckers when I was younger. My dear childhood friend Rachel spent a day with me making these. We had the best time. Although we got much more visiting accomplished that actual suckers. :)
  • Home made ornaments- See previous post "ornament" swap.
  • Pillows for my Brownies- I wanted to make something special for the Browns. I wanted to make a pillow for each one personally. I did a picture collage for each of the kids. I didn't expect this to be as hard as it was, emotionally I mean. I found myself sobbing more than once. AfterI got through the picture part it wasn't as hard. I was quite happy with the finished product.
So I might have gone a little craft crazy, but I loved every minute. (Minus the messes and the cleaning of the messes!)

3 comments:

benandnatty said...

Those pillows turned out so cute...I bet they just loved them! You are quite the crafter...I hope that next year I can keep up with ya!

this is me said...

Beautiful work Jodi. I love the hats! FYI- I started a blog or two and linked you as a friend. Hope you don't mind.

Heidi
www.thegreenerpastures.blogspot.com
www.handmadehodgepodge.blogspot.com

Amy said...

You totally amaze me. I think I spent the whole holiday wondering what had happened to the old crafter in me. Gone apparently. I am so impressed by all your crafts and creativity. I need to live close to you and maybe it would rub off on me. We loved the ornaments from Madi and I just can't believe all the other stuff you made. What a perfect way to spend your holiday. Your kids will always remember what a neat mom they have. Those pillows are precious. Mom and Dad are here right now. We are having fun with them. Wish we could see you guys.