Sunday, October 19, 2008

Jon's Family Newsletter

Each month Jon's family tries to send a family email about the things going on in our lives. Because I am such a diligent blogger, Jon has taken on this responsibility. It isn't too difficult though, he says...everything is great, look at Jodi's blog. I finally read the email he sent out this month and it was so funny! I thought some of my friends and other family member might appreciate it. Some people who I have pressured into commenting on my blog might appreciate it more than others. I do have to add one disclaimer. The part where he said I was blogging for 5 hours is only partly true, it only took 5 hours because I was taking care of two children in between. Actual computer time was definitely not that long. :)

Here it is:

Hola Famdamily,

I guess it’s time to do the letter again. In case anyone hasn’t bookmarked this yet, our (Jodi’s) blog can be found at: http://fulksfamily.blogspot.com. It generally has the best updates about or goings on, with much more detailed information than I’ll spill here, but you do have to put up with all the cuteness. (By the way, if you really want to get on Jodi’s good side, just comment on her blog. She is nuts for comments. Gotten out of a few pickles myself that way!) By the way, if you haven’t got some kind of new feed for keeping updated on people’s blogs, you really ought to. iGoogle is great for it. This way you can see all your fav blogs, and what’s been updated without having to trudge around to everyone’s blog individually, just to see if it’s updated.

Well Madi started preschool, and she loves it. This is actually her second year, as she went to 3 year old preschool last year. She goes with her cousin, and two of her best friends, so really, it’s like playtime for her. It’s fun to come home and have her tell me what color, or letter she’s learned that day. She’s definitely growing up too fast. Oh, if you’re in the SLC area, and you get the D-News, there was an article in it a few days ago about her preschool. I can’t remember what section. Utah Life, or one of the other boring ones that you never read unless there’s an interesting picture on it. But it was really good. There were a few shots that had Madi in them. Also, you can read the story online here: http://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,700262816,00.html and there’s also an audio slideshow that features Jodi gushing over how much she loves Heather’s (the owner) school. Yeah, no bias there ;) Here’s a link to the slideshow: http://deseretnews.com/photo/slideshow/1,5587,5191,00.html. I told her it was definitely blog worthy, and she is furiously trying to figure out how to get on there. She is totally famous now. An interview with Brendan Fraser’s got nothin on a DNews audio slideshow!

Anyway…. Tyli is 2 now. Not really, but she thinks she is. She’s talking more and more each day, and is really developing a little…… attitude. She’s now graduated from the school of “Uhh!”, to the school of “No!” and “Mine!”. Needless to say, we aren’t thrilled with the education she’s receiving there. But she definitely makes life interesting. Now we just have to get her to stay in nursery, and we’ll be all set.

Ok, so, Jodi….. We’ll I already talked about Jodi, so… no more there.

Me, well, I’m still doing the same old thing. Work, life, etc… Read the blog, and it will probably sound like my life is much more interesting than it is. Oh, that’s one thing I didn’t mention about Jodi. She really likes to blog (man does she like it), and now she’s gotten onto Facebook too, and I’m telling you, it’s like a career. She spent like 5 hours doing a blog post one night. Now if we could only figure out how to get paid for that. It would be awesome.

Well, anyway, that’s about it. We’re doing fine. There’s always something going on with us, and so we just keep on going with it.

One more plug: http://fulksfamily.blogspot.com, and please COMMENT!

Love you all!

J&J&M&T

4 comments:

Brent and Laura said...

Hi Jodi. Just wanted to leave you a comment! The family newsletter is a great idea. I love your blog...even if it does take you 5 hours!:)

Mike and Emily said...

Holy Cow...The pressure to comment is so strong!!! I will try and remember to comment, but that really isn't saying much, considering that I can't even keep my blog updated, or remember dinner swaps, or a whole lot of other things. :0

benandnatty said...

That is freaking hilarious! I didn't know that Jon was soooo sarcastic, I mean funny! I do have to say that I really enjoy your blog, so take all the time you need to update it because I need something to do when I am up at 3am!

Sarah Hansen said...

Man Jodi! Jon knows you very well. I don't think he's yet figured out how big of a Facebook addict you are! So I'll try to keep that on the DL