Friday, May 1, 2009

Eleven Year Anniversary!

Who knew eleven years could pass so quickly? Jon and I have been together for so long I barely remember life without him in it. We have been so happy together. Don't get me wrong, we have definitely had our moments, but looking back we have been very happy! If I think of the Jon and Jodi that were married on this day eleven years ago, I imagine two very excited, happy, young, naive kids.

Then I think of all that we have done over the years we have had together. I remember our first years of marriage with it's challenges of being dirt poor, working day and night, going to school, somehow surviving and struggling. With that I remember the closeness of driving each other to work because we had one car, working together to figure things out, camping and playing whenever we got a spare minute. Then I can recall the overwhelming joy that accompanied the birth of each of our sweet girls. I will never forget the tenderness with which Jon held both Madi and Tyli after they were born and happiness that surrounded us.

What I have loved most about the past eleven years is that I have been able to spend them with my best friend. I love that somehow we have been able to withstand all of the crap that the world has thrown at us and have even become closer to each other and to our Heavenly Father. I appreciate that Jon still treats me like a queen, and has every single day we have been together. I love that he forgives me for my mistakes even before they happen. I love that he loves me for who I am and never wants to change me.

I love you Babe! Thank you for EVERYTHING! I can't wait for the next eleven years together!

Jon spoiled me with these beautiful flowers. :)

3 comments:

benandnatty said...

Happy Anniversary...what a cute tribute to such an awesome guy! You are super lucky to have him and he is lucky to have you!

Carol said...

Congratulations and Happy Anniversary!
Love this post.

Boni said...

I can't believe it's been eleven years either...I remember when you'd only been married 2 years (I think that's when we met). Congratulations!