Friday, May 15, 2009

Women's Conference

Jon gave me the best anniversary present ever, a fun day with my friends. I got to spend the day with some of my lifelong friends (and some new friends) at BYU attending women's conference. Sister Beck the BEST talk on families. It was amazing! I really came away with a new desire to try harder with my family and do everything I can to help all of us survive in this crazy world. Their have been times when I have felt that Satan was literally beating against me and my family and I know that the term "war against the family" isn't just a phrase. In her talk Sis. Beck encouraged every to FIGHT!! If she really was asking us to head to battle at that moment I think every person there would have armed themselves and headed out to war. I really have tried to personalize it for myself and consider the small things I can to do arm my family. If only the easy things weren't so hard!

I also attended several other classes that were very motivational and inspiring. The thing I loved most about them all were how positive they were. I just left feeling like if I am trying my hardest than that is good enough! I don't need to be perfect in everyway to feel happy and loved. It is something that is common sense but somehow the comparisons start and before I know it I am not as good as anyone else. It was just really nice to be reminded of simple things.

Even though I loved the classes, the very best part of the day was spending it with some incredible women! They just each have such a great perspective on life. I felt like I had spent the entire day at a therapy session. As I discussed concerns and problems in my life they each had words of encouragement and comfort. It really was just what I needed. Thank you friends!!

So my eleventh anniversary I spent selfishly for myself. Thank you Jon for being the best husband and giving me this awesome day!

The great gals I got to spend the day with. Emily Reed, Elise Pehrson, Jenny Dutson, Kathryn, Melissa Nosler, Me


0 comments: