Friday, May 15, 2009

Race For the Cure

A couple of my friends wanted to race in the Race for the Cure this year. Jon and I decided to do it as well. Three of my closest friends' mothers or mother-in-laws have had breast cancer. My own grandma had breast cancer. Luckily they all have survived. It is unfortunate that this is such a deadly disease. It was great to support this cause. I pray that myself, my family or my friends will never have to experience this for themselves.

The exciting part of the race is that I finished it with my fasted 5k time of 28:40. I know that if any serious runners are reading this that time is probably something to scoff at. I was thrilled though! I was only two minutes behind Jon. Stacy and I ran the whole race side by side which was really fun! She kept me going that's for sure. Even though I wanted to die by mile three somehow I made it over the finish line. The best part is that I felt great after! It was really fun. I loved sharing that with my friends.

Jon was great! He wasn't intimidated by all that pink!

Look how happy we look. This was obviously taken BEFORE the race.

Nat and I sportin our twinner jackets.

18,000 people showed their support for this cause. It was pretty cool to be a part of it. There were definitely some interesting surprises. I don't think I've ever seen so much pink in one place. Too bad Tyli had to miss it. She would have loved it!

4 comments:

Mike and Emily said...

Um, I think you have my time and your time mixed up...I am 38:40, and you are 28:40. You might want to change it so you don't look as slow as me. :)

Jodi said...

Thanks Em! You always have my back. :)

Carol said...

That's so great! congratulations!

Amy said...

I'm so proud of you. That is an amazing time. Let's run the 4th of july 5k. WE ARE COMING TO UTAH! YAY! You will probably totally kick my butt in the race (I'm pretty slow this year), but it will still be fun.