Saturday, November 29, 2008

A Turkey Trot and a Turkey Dinner

I love Thanksgiving. It is so wonderful to take a minute and reflect on all of the things that I have to be grateful for. My list goes on and on. I have so much and I am so blessed. I only hope I can do good with all that I have been given.

I also love Thanksgiving because I feel like it is the beginning of the "Holiday Season." From Thanksgiving through New Year's is such a special time. No other time of the year is filled with such service and love. Spending time with family and friends in a way that is different from the rest of the year. It just has a special feeling to it. I am really looking forward to every moment and experience!

And that first experience was a 5K. What a way to spend Thanksgiving morning. It was rainy but not too cold. Jon and I have been running more and more so we were excited for this little home town event. Jami came to run with us. Wendy, Darin, Dylan, Brooklyn and Parker all joined in the fun. They are so awesome!

My goal was to run the entire race and finish under 30 min. Yeah! I did it! 28:50(ish) was my time. I ran half of the race with Brooklyn at my side. I think she is going to have to be my new running partner. She was incredible!!

Jon and Dylan finished together in about 24 min. Jami came in right behind me. Parker is only 8 and he ran the whole thing. I hope my kids will be that tough when they get a little older. I really hope my wussy jeans skipped over them! Darin and
Wendy ran the whole thing too! I seriously have the coolest family!

I have to say that running a race on Thanksgiving really was a good idea. It really did make me appreciate my body. Every ache and pain reminded me how I am so blessed to have a healthy body.It definitely put a new spin to Thanksgiving.

We had a wonderful dinner with my family. Scott and Jen came which made this Thanksgiving more memorable. Of course we missed my sister Jeri and her family. It was just a really relaxing day.

That evening we had pie with Jon's family. The kids were excited to play with their cousins so they had fun with that. Although much of the visit was spent Twilight bashing, I was still a good time.

Before the race...

Still smiling after the race. :)

Our running buddies.

Dinner with the fam.

3 comments:

Boni said...

Go Jodi and Jon! I didn't know you got into running...sounds like you had a good day!

benandnatty said...

Congrats again on the run! I can't wait to be out there with you! I ran last night for 2.5 miles and ran the entire time!!! Yeah me! I will be out there with you soon!

Jami said...

I must have missed the memo that our team color was black!! This was such a good idea Jodi. What a fun way to start out Thanksgiving day!!