Thursday, September 18, 2008

Want some change? Thanks, but no thanks!

Out of all the different flavors of ice cream, I love vanilla. Always have. I have my top five favorite restaurants that I enjoy visiting and at each of them I have my favorite meal that I get EVERY time I visit. After years of driving to school over the train tracks and hating every frustrating time I was delayed because of them, the first time I drove over the new overpass I was actually sad that I would never stop for a train again. I get sad over minor changes I see occurring in the world, my life, and especially my children. I wouldn't say that my life doesn't lack for adventure, but it is all grounded from the constants that stay the same. So today I visited the park for the first time in four years without Madi. It was just one of those moments, like riding over the overpass, when you realize things are going to change. One little baby step towards all the changes that I'll one day be faced with. I know not all changes will be for the worse, but I'm perfectly happy with my vanilla ice cream, thank you.

3 comments:

benandnatty said...

Hey, who says that vanilla is a bad thing. I am quite partial to things staying the same too, but sometimes change can bring on something new and exciting...like a chance to just enjoy little TyTy and no stopping for trains! It is inevitable so you may as well enjoy it!

Stacy said...

I'm a "vanilla", too. Change is yucky! Love your blog, Jodi!

Unknown said...

That is sooooo funny. You really crack me up. My boss is having us listen to a book called "Change, or DIE!!!" I'm sure you'd love it. :))