Saturday, September 6, 2008

A Beautiful Day

As we were buckling up in the car for Madison's first day of preschool she said to me, "Mommy, today is a beautiful day! It is my first day of school, you and Tyli get to stay home, go to the store, and relax, and the birds are chirping!" I stopped to listen, the birds really were chirping. Is it normal for a four year old to think the day is beautiful and notice the birds? I'm so glad Madi does! It's good to be reminded of beautiful things now and again.


Madi had a wonderful first day of school. She loves her teacher Miss Heather. She gets to attend with some of her best friends, Kate and Kennedy, and her cousin, Bryson. The other kids in her class are darling! Most of them are returning from last year so Madi already loves them. She had fun coloring, cutting and playing. The day was recorded by a newspaper photographer who is doing an article on Heather's school. We might be famous!


I had no idea a one year old could be devastated about not going to school with her sister. She was so upset! I have to admit I shed a few tears myself. I never imagined I would be one of those crying parents, but Madi is just growing up too fast! I know Tyli and I will adjust. Soon we will be loving our "alone" time.

4 comments:

Jordan Frazier said...

Hi Jodi!
I just remembered you had a blog and remembered the web address too!heheh...your girls are darling:) See you on Thursday!

Boni said...

Very cute! Madi is funny. Do you have her watch "Sound of Music"?

Adams family said...

She is so cute, both your girls are gorgeous. You guys need to have ALOT of kids!!! It would be so fun to live life through a four year old eyes. They pick up on everything.

crystal said...

Jodi,
If you think you're crying now wait till Madi goes to kindergarten. It's weird to see your little baby have on a backpack and sit in their own desk. She looks so cute for her first day. Tyli will be there too before you know it!