Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Invisible Crayon

Red, violet, orange, green, purple, pink all bright happy colors you find in a box of crayons. You open the box and these scream, "Pick me! Pick me!" Tyli always ignores the screaming and looks for the quieter, lonely crayon that isn't picked as often. That would be WHITE. The problem with this is the frustration that occurs when her favorite crayon isn't working. She just doesn't get it. She's drawing a beautiful picture, but where is it? I have even tried hiding the crayon, but somehow she finds it. She loves the white crayon, now I just need to purchase some colored paper so we can actually see what she is drawing.

Ty coloring with her favorite crayon.

Out of all the colors she has to choose from, she chooses white.

Tyli frustrated because she can't see her picture.

This is a beautiful picture Tyli drew with her WHITE crayon.

10 comments:

Brent and Laura said...

Tyli is so dang cute! It is so funny that she always picks white! I love your posts!

Laura

Mike and Emily said...

So stinking funny! She is such her own little person, and I LOVE it! The question is, does she always say "mine" when you try to take it and give her another color? :-)

Jodi said...

Em, I try to be smart about it and take the crayon away before she even sees it. I just haven't mastered the art of hiding it yet. :)

Kathleen said...

she is so cute! Isn't this the best age...I am loving Paul right now!

the dutson five said...

Hey Jodi! Elise told me you had a blog, so I thought I would come check it out - hope that's okay.

Funny little girls! What cuties!

benandnatty said...

That cracks me up! She is such a character! You really need to go buy some colored paper, who knows, you may have a baby genious who is writing everything that she has been trying to say this whole time!

Adams family said...

what a funny little girl. I bet she keeps you smiling all day!

Amy said...

White is one of my favorite colors too. So crisp and clean.

Wendy said...

Jodi - that is so hilarious! What a cutie. Wendy

Wendy said...

I think that is the cutest thing. Kids surely have minds of their own, don't they.