Sunday, September 28, 2008

Summer Highlights

I guess since it is officially fall, I can bid summer farewell. Since a picture is worth thousand words, I will let them do most of the talking.

Swimming...



Friends, Family, and Fun Moments...


Lagoon...


Madi's Birthday...


Kitten Frenzy...
Our neighbors had some cute kittens. Tyli LOVED them. She would giggle and squeal like crazy. She squeezed, petted, tickled, chased, and choked them all.





Madi's First Dance Recital...



Other Highlights...

  • Ward Campout- We spent a night camping with our new ward. We all had a blast despite the cold and rain. It was fun getting to know everyone. We loved Darin's story's around the campfire, roasting starbursts with the Hoaglands, and hearing Natalie's conversion story.
  • Visiting Sweet's Candy Factory- Who wouldn't want to see how cinnamon bears are made? It was a very interesting and yummy experience.
  • Outdoor Peter Breinholdt Concert- The girls first concert. They loved the music and dancing around.
  • Jon and Jodi's Birthday- Do we have to be another year older?
  • Dates with Jon- We enjoyed some "alone" time during our busy summer. We also had some fun group dates with a few couples in our ward.
  • Hangin' With the Chamberlains-Many afternoons were spent visiting with Natalie while the kids played. We are lucky to have such wonderful neighbors
We had a fantastic summer and we didn't even go on a single vacation. We had so much fun with all of our family and friends that summer just flew by too quickly!!

6 comments:

Brent and Laura said...

What a fun summer! We have had a great time doing stuff with you this summer. I am so glad we have gotten to know your family better!

Unknown said...

Oh the memories! So, do collages count as like 20,000 words? That's what took you so long ;)

P.S. Who's that fat guy sleeping?

Amy said...

I like Jon's comments. So sarcastic...that brother of mine. Love all your pictures. The kitten pics are great. Cooper has become obsessed with animals. I keep thinking he can't say very many words (still), but when animals are around, he goes crazy and does all this high pitched screaching and such. Maybe he is just some sort of brilliant baby that knows a special animal language. Hey...wait a minute. If he only speaks to animals, that means I should probably get a pet...and I can't commit to that considering I can barely keep my head above water with 4 kids. I guess we will scratch the "brilliant baby" bit, and just go with the "mute baby" bit. Fun to see so many of your summer moments. I am so glad that we got to be a part of some of it.

Stacy said...

Where was I when you were at the Sweets factory?! Cinnamon bears are the best. Oh, and I want to be your neighbor too of course then I would get even less done than I already do! Cute pictures, Jodi. You'll have to tell me how you make those collages - I have spent sleepless nights wondering about that!!

Kathleen said...

so fun! I love the b&w kitten pics, you should frame that

Sarah Hansen said...

Wow looks like you guys were busy this summer! I love the pictures with the kittys! Maybe I'll have to sneak another one home for them! ;)