Sunday, June 28, 2009

Happy Birthday....to ME!

Jon totally spoiled me this year. With this....
It is a Nikon D90. I LOVE it!! I have been wanting a real camera forever. Jon and I have both taken photography classes in high school and college and always have fun taking pictures together. I also was a "professional" photographer for Olan Mills for a while which I enjoyed. We just hadn't invested in a nice digital camera and decided now was the time. We didn't want to wait too long because our girls are growing way to fast. I definitely didn't want to miss all of those priceless moments.

Now we have to learn how to take photos again. I have a lot to learn about lighting and shutter speed and aperture setting, and I can't wait! It is a little overwhelming to think about all of that then consider learning a real photo editing program like photoshop. I am looking forward to it. Now if someone will just fit in a few more hours into my day I'll be good to go. :)


As far as my real birthday went, well, it was as good as it can be considering I shared it with my hubby on Father's day. Jon did spend the day with me on Saturday and also gave me some "alone" time. (Which some of it was spent running my first unofficial 10K with my friend Stacy. Yeah for us!) Then Jon took me lunch and shopping and dinner and a movie. It was great!

In church we had a fun day during primary. The kids were so happy and had so much fun. I totally loved primary this day. I try to hang on to these moments! Stacy surprised me with my very own birthday crown. Nothing makes you feel more important than when you are wearing a crown.

So many of my friends also spoiled me! With many phone calls, birthday cards, thoughtful gestures, facebook shout outs, text messages and singing telegrams (thanks Heather!), what more could a girl ask for?

Some of my good friends even gave me a night out with the girls. They showered me with icecream, books. lotions, soaps, decorations, chocolates and more importantly love! I can't imagine my life without these friends. They have been some of my greatest cheerleaders. I sometimes remember feeling so lonely before I moved here and now my life is so full of amazing people I am never lacking for a good time or someone to chat with. I honestly feel like I have been so blessed to be surrounded by such wonderful people! Thanks Gals!

Best Friends Ever!

It really was the perfect birthday. Thank you family and friends! I love you all!

1 comments:

benandnatty said...

Nothing like a girl's night out hanging out in the gutter! I had so much fun, your birthday needs to come around more often!