Thursday, March 19, 2009

S-P-O-I-L-E-D

Tyli definitely knows what she wants and when she wants. When she has her mind set on something she just doesn't give up. Hence, she has become a little, OK, a lot, SPOILED! For example, she has to be carried directly to the bar for breakfast every morning. Princess Ty wants a ride down the stairs.
If I pick two of something, she has to have the one she wants even if they are EXACTLY the same. Sometimes I have to show her 5 or 7 or 10 cups for a drink because she wants the one she wants. Sometimes she picks a cup that I have already shown her three other times. I know that part of this is the joy of life with a two year old, but I can see that this also might be a little of just how she is. Can't wait until she's 16! Luckily she makes up for these moments with her giggles, hugs and kisses and sweetness. We really adore this little girl. This is also part of the problem because not one of us can bear to see her big tears rolling down her sweet, little cheeks.
Photobucket

When Tyli is really upset sometimes I'll try to distract her by offering her a treat. Of course she is so mad at me that she never wants any of my suggestions. Then she calms down and what does she want? One of everything I've offered her. This is a picture of Ty eating her "happy" buffet. Jon also titled it "Keeping Tyli happy!"

2 comments:

Sarah Hansen said...

haha this is why i love her so much!

Amy said...

Okay seriously...you are describing my life...exactly. Cooper does these exact same things. The pointing to 5 different cups before choosing. Taking ALL the treats, even though moments before he refused them all. And also... Wanting the opposite of what I want. Not wanting to eat ANYTHING healthy. Being ridiculously picky about what chair he sits in, or where he eats his food...even though we are supposed to have rules about these things. Wanting to carry his food around with him everywhere. And ultimately getting what he wants...so he doesn't scream and make our lives horrible. I am sure that Tyli is way cuter and sweeter about her "spoiled-ness", than Cooper is, but he does have good moments. But I'm telling ya..."2" might just kill me.