Thursday, January 13, 2011

Blogging in my Head Again....

It's late. I'm tired. So tired I lay my head down on the table. Suddenly flashes of highschool and college come to mind. I spent much of that time sleeping on my desk. Then I start blogging...in my head...I guess that's what I do at night. But hey, I'm right by my computer. I suppose I can rouse myself enough to type it out this time.

I think the challenge about blogging is the idea that I have to portray my life as pretty perfect, almost always. And let's face it, it's not. I try to be a "glass half full" kind of gal, and I don't really want to be a Debbie Downer, but I might just include a little bit of the downs along with the ups.

I guess I can do that tonight since I am heading to Mexico in a day. I can't last down here long right?

This week the biggest challenge has been getting over myself. Yes. I do stupid things. Like saying dumb things whilst in front of large groups of people. Instead of letting in roll off my back, as I'm sure they haven't thought twice about it, I obsess. I kick myself over and over, when it really wasn't a big deal. Yet I can't let it go.

The other challenge has been the new "tude" my six-year-old is copping. My pretty much perfect, smart, happy, kind, helpful little girl has a dark side. I see it so rarely I don't really know how to cope. Again, back to kicking myself...over and over. Suddenly the next phase is here. I'm wondering if this is how it will be. A teenager for the next 14 year. AHHHH! I suppose I have some serious payback coming my way after what I put my mom through. What goes around comes around.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Hey Jodi,
I just love you...you make me laugh, and you make me think, and you make me realize that I am not the only one that does things that they obsess about. And yes...I have done the whole "say something stupid in front of people" thing...and I realize that usually I am the only one that notices.

About the attitude thing. I am not a good example of that. You know my kids...as wonderful as they are, they have all had super strong wills. Especially my girls. But look at Kinsey. She is a pretty amazing 16 year old, yet she had a dark side from a young age. And Kennedy has had it even worse. I use to say to them..."use your will for good". I think Kinsey is doing that. And Kennedy is getting better too. But they are great kids as well. I think you learn (around age 6 or 7), that you really don't have the control over your children that you thought you did, and that can be a hard pill to swallow. But you are an amazing mom, outdoing anything I ever did, and your girls are WONDERFUL, and so I would sit back and thank my lucky stars that you had so many years without a "tude" from that sweet wonderful girl.

Hope Mexico was AMAZING.

p.s. I think I am going to have some Debbie Downer days on my blog this year as well too. Life is life. It's up and down. If these are our journals, I guess we should record both. That is if I even have the energy to blog at all. Awww. Trying to be better.

LOVE YOU.

AMY

Amber said...

i agree..blogging should be a fun way for people to keep in touch, not a competition to see whose life is more perfect. No one can have it ALL, all of the time. I enjoy hearing about real life, so that doesn't mean just the "ups." Blog for yourself and don't worry about the rest. Otherwise me might as well be like those robot women on that weird Stepford Wives movie. ;)