Saturday, January 16, 2010

This year didn't seem very Christmassy. I don't know why, but I just found it difficult to get into the spirit very much. I found myself humming the song "Where are you Christmas? Why can't I find you?" more than any other carol. Maybe it was because Jon was working like crazy and I never saw him. Maybe because I was so overwhelmed with primary stuff that it was hard to make room for other things. I don't know the reason, but it just didn't really seem the same this year. Despite my scrouge attitude, the girls had a wonderful time and when it came down to the actual holiday, we got to be together and that was the best present of all.


Jon's family party helped a little. We had a "Bethlehem" theme. We wore costumes (at least everyone else did), had a special program, and had dinner picnic style on the floor. It was really fun visiting with everyone.



Jon was so exhausted that he seriously feel asleep in the middle of the floor in the middle of the party. He is zonked out!

0 comments: